Pages

22 December 2010

Strawberries!

With all the rain we've been having, I worried that the strawberries would be a big, soggy, mushy mess this year. But thankfully, we've had our best crop ever!

Masses of the delicious, red fruit.

You can't help but smile whilst harvesting them, and eating them. Its a bit like 'one for the bucket, three for me...'


There are lots of picking helpers too when we are harvesting such a delicious crop.

Thanks Mum and Dad!

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

So far there's been many, many strawberries eaten, one and a half kilos turned into eight jars of jam and still more put aside for ice cream.

Is there a better way to start the day than with strawberry jam on toast?
I don't think so.

And don't forget we'll be at The Slow Food Farmers' Market at The Abbotsford Convent in Melbourne tomorrow evening (Thurs 23rd) from 3pm-8pm with the freshest, most delicious free range organic eggs and garlic.

Have a great Wednesday!

6 comments:

Sue said...

I wish I lived closer so I could come and help pick those delicious strawberries. They look very nice as jam too.

Chicken Willow said...

Oh they look delicious. Love all your helpers. xx

farmdoc said...

No thanks are necessary. It was a real pleasure.
xxxxx
P.S. With some of the strawberry pickers - the smaller ones, methinks - it was more like 'one for the bucket, EIGHT for me...'.

teddybearswednesday said...

they look sooo yummy and I'm dying for some , all winter fruit here.
Hope there is some of that strawberry jam left when I get back, it's my fave!!
big love to you
xo

Evie said...

yummo!

Unknown said...

We have enjoyed your berries for years. We live in Sydney and we are visiting Melbourne after Xmas.
Can we visit and buy/ pick direct?
Kind regards
Max and Jane