Pages

29 September 2009

Ducklings and Thanks.

When I went to check on the chicks today I thought I heard a few of them begging for an excursion to our backyard.

Who was I to resist?

At 2 weeks old they are so different to the chicks of the same age. They are growing so much faster, they seem more independent and confident and they are soooooooo fluffy and cute.

We brought five of them out, made them a small fence and enjoyed them for the afternoon in the spring sunshine.









And look what came in the mail today.
A week ago I won my first blog giveaway: Cathie from Melbourne Epicure had a competition to celebrate her 100th post and I was one of the winners.

Cathie's blog is definitely worth a visit. It is full of delicious recipes, step by step instructions with gorgeous photos, clever cooking tricks and gimmicks and best of all they are really doable for the normal home cook like me. In dispersed amongst all of this are lovely tales of her family life.

Cathie very generously sent three times more than she originally offered on the giveaway so there wont be any fights over rolling pins or cookie cutters.

And as for those chocolate love heart cookies, all I can say is go right now and get the recipe off Cathie's blog and make them. They did not hang around here long enough to be photographed.

Thanks heaps Cathie, here's to 100 more.

When it got cold and I poppped the ducklings back into the brooder for the night, I must admit I watched them for a while, trying to see if I could detect them telling any of the others about their day out in the big wide world.

5 comments:

Cathie said...

so glad you liked them! I know what it's like to need two of everything..you need 3.
little heart got squished in the post, I guess the girls didn't mind though.
hope they enjoy them ♥
thanks for making me smile lovely Kate x

WriterBee said...

This must be the most divine blog post I ever read. Those ducklings! I'll bet all the others were jealous they didn't get to hang out with your girls, even if they don't admit it.

Leonie Guld said...

Lucky you. What a great day and fantastic mail. I made those biscuits yesterday and I have to say their is NONE left!!

teddybearswednesday said...

OH can they be any cuter!!! I love them soo much!! Your pictures are gorgeous of them too like you can just see them moving and doing their duckling things.
I think I'm going to move in with you, I hope you don't mind. I will sleep in the chook shed and you will barely notice me I promise. hehe

Beck said...

Did you hear any of the ducklings saying "I want to go and live at Beck's house?" Hey, how fun you won a giveaway!! Excitement! Yay for you & yay for Cathie, what a sweetie xo