Pages

12 September 2009

Eggsellent Market!


We're home from Collingwood Farmers' Market, the baby is asleep, the big girls are eating their dinner and I am about to collapse but before I do I thought I'd give you a quick rundown of the day.

We had a fantastic market.
It started off slowly and the weather looked a bit dodgy but that just gave us extra time to set up, drink more coffee and catch up with our neighbours.

Before long the eggs were selling like hotcakes(?) and it felt great to be back after our 2 month break.
The Health Inspectors visited and ticked all the boxes.

We caught up with other stall holders and swapped produce.

Above is Kylie and her wonderful dips and below is Monique, her and her husband make the most amazing felafel and nougat.

After a while the wind picked up. It managed to blow a tent off it's frame, lift a marquee weighed down by twenty kilo sandbags and even pull some tent pegs out of the ground, but as far as I know there was no damage to person or property.

By 11am we'd sold out of 120 dozen eggs, a record in egg sales for us.

It was fantastic to meet Lindsey (the guy) and Miss Jane (I can't find your blog please send me a link). If anyone else came to claim their free eggs after we had packed up I am sorry and look forward to meeting you next time.

Thanks Mum for your help with the stall and the girls. Especially for the fifteen laps you did with the pusher trying to put Miss Pepper to sleep.

I hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend.

9 comments:

Leonie Guld said...

Congratulations!!! What a fantastic day. I Bet you beat!!!

Andi said...

Nice eggs, love!!!

CurlyPops said...

What an eggsellent day of sales...120 dozen - wowee that's a lot of eggs!

Lindsey said...

Nice to meet you guys! The eggs were turned in to a lovely spinach and ham fritatta that went down a treat. Hope to see you again next time :)

Tammy said...

OMGoodness 120dozen! Oh congrats guys, its really that time of the year here where I'm starting to see more eggs popping up for sale ... chooks are starting to lay again and people who know are really wanting some fresh egg goodness!

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

Congrats on a very successful market. I'll have to try and pop in to the next one.

Beck said...

Oh wow, what a fantastic day!! Glad, and not at all surprised, that you sold so well. Sounds like you enjoyed being back in market mode. Saw the piece about Daylesford Organics eggs by Alla in the Age today, yay! xo

Thea said...

We always buy organic eggs and I can't even imagine gathering 600 of them! In case you don't follow up with the comments on my blog post, I have sent some fabric samples of the new organic prints to a couple of interior designers in Victoria so will keep you posted on stockists.

jane f said...

hi kate
thank you so much for the eggs on saturday-they ARE yummy!we were really excited to meet you after becoming addicted to your blog
glad you didnt get blown away when the wind sprang up
cheers
jane

ps- my blog
http://missjanemissjane.wordpress.com/

nothing exciting really LOL